Newlands College is a state co-educational, uniformed school that caters for Year 9 to Year 13 students. The college has a safe, caring and supportive environment with a reputation for encouraging students to achieve excellence. Our college's ERO report has confirmed that:
- Positive, respectful relationships underpin all aspects of school life.
- The environment is welcoming and inclusive.
- The curriculum is effective in promoting learning: engagement, progress and achievement.
As a community the school values:
- whānaungatanga - positive realtionships
- mātauranga - gaining knowledge
- akoranga - learning together
- manaakitanga - caring for each other
Overall, results have been at or above the national figures over several years. Teachers' and leaders' decisions focus on improving outcomes for all students.