All students at Newlands College (including International Students) are subject to the Education Rules 1999 as they apply to Stand-down, Suspension, Exclusion and Expulsion.
Applying for a Refund of School Fees
1. If you withdraw from the course after having enrolled, you can apply for a refund of fees. This must be made in writing, within one month of the last day at attendance, and reasons given for withdrawal.
2. The guidelines regarding the amount of money refunded are as follows:
- Student enrols but does not attend at the start of the school year. Fees will be refunded in full less an administration charge.
- Student attends school and withdraws voluntarily. Except in exceptional circumstances, there is no refund.
- In exceptional circumstances, refunds may be granted on compassionate grounds.
- No refund will be given if a student is asked to leave the school because they have not met the requirements of the International Student Tuition Contract.
1. If the college has guaranteed your accommodation, payments to your new homestay family will be paid through the school accounts.
2. If you move out of your homestay before the end of your contract, the portion of your homestay fees not already used will be returned to you. You must give two weeks notice.
3. To have your homestay fees returned, you must complete a “Request for Homestay Refund” form three weeks before departure. These are available from the Homestay Counsellor.
4. Approved refunds will have any money owing to the homestay family deducted, i.e. telephone accounts, internet usage and any damage to property.
5. Any unclaimed homestay monies will be retained by Newlands College if these monies are not claimed within a year of the student leaving Newlands College.
PLEASE NOTE: Homestay fees are paid throughout the term holidays even if the student goes away on holiday.